13 April 2012

A Found Goodbye

Couldn't go out without crow barring in a terrible pun^ now could I. Yes that's right foundees, after fifteen enjoyable but spectacularly unsuccessful months, The Found Of Confusion has decided to call it a day. The public indifference has been truly overwhelming, and having remarkably failed to achieve any of the aims I originally set out, the time feels right to step aside and leave the band finding game to those many blogs who actually have readers and stuff!

To all the artists featured, a big thank you. Writing about music is difficult and only really comes together if you can discover songs that fire your imagination; each of the acts have provided that spark and it's been a pleasure trying to explain their magic through my off the wall and wildly inaccurate ramblings. Good luck to all of them, sorry I haven't been much use in raising your profile, but I hope you will go on and conquer the world....well those of you that haven't split up already!!

To anyone that has taken the time to read any of the posts in the blog, I love you!!!! The hits have been few and far between, so each one has been greeted gleefully, especially you in Gabon whoever you were! I had hoped to build up a little community of like minded music lovers and maybe make some new friends, but alas it was not to be, next time I'll try bribery, threats or casual nudity. One man did turn up week in week out though, so cheers Kev, you're not bad for a French bloke.

And that's it I suppose, game over. Thanks again and be good.

Andy - The Found Of Confusion.

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Yeah, never say never to a comeback but it's over for the forseeable future. Heard some good bands this week but can't muster the enthusiasm to write something that would do them justice. No point going through the motions, better to walk away while the standard is at least a C+!

      Delete
    2. p.s nice touch with the tick box though ;-)

      Delete
  2. That's a shame. You can always post Founds on the other blog if you like. I have an inbox full of bands queuing up for your unique brand of enthusiastic pun-based pretend journalism!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What carry out a hostile takeover of the 'band to look out for' slot?? I'l have to study the books and get back to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well no, just transfer 'Founds' over to there. The band to look out for bits are just to plug a band that haven't necessarily got any proper releases out yet to review.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the offer. As I say shortage of bands is no issue, it's more a question of motivation. If the point comes where I start missing the sound of my own voice I'll keep the idea in mind....if of course it involves a oay rise ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. An oay rise, eh? I'll look in the oay cupboard and see what's there. You could just do it occasionally instead of weekly. After you've got those 2 reviews done of course...

    ReplyDelete